Wednesday, September 8, 2010
Type of sacred space: A sacred space could be as simple as a table top, a corner of the bedroom, your garden, a place just for you to enjoy precious moments alone.It does not require a whole room. This might be a spot left clear with special cushions for meditating. Or it could be a shelf transformed into a home altar. A sacred space can be a small table top, a spot on the dresser, an isolated corner, or an idle spot that collects clutter and dust.
Remember your sacred space is a place to reflect and to contemplate on what is important to you; to allow you to connect with your inner self without interference and in solitude.
- Eat right and exercise
- Give yourself "me" time
- Utilize relaxation techniques; Yoga, Meditation, Breathing, Qi Gong
- Laugh and smile more often
- Set realistic goals
- Handle important tasks first and eliminate unessential tasks
- Be flexible
- Reduce criticism of yourself and others
- Push away negativity of any kind
- Remember you can only change yourself